Build Your Career With Us!
Join our team of highly successful and dedicated construction specialists for our multifaceted residential and commercial projects. We are seeking qualified candidates for Safety Coordinator.
Armstrong Builders is seeking a reliable Safety Coordinator to actively support occupational health & safety and ensure the workplace meets all legal requirements. The Safety Coordinator will be responsible for executing established policies as well as enhancing the company safety culture to create and maintain a safe workplace. Applicants must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills as well as the ability to engage and motivate a diverse workforce. The Safety Coordinator must have attention to detail and ability to identify hazards in residential and commercial construction.
- 5-years work experience as a safety professional or equivalent combination of work experience and education/certification in occupational safety and health
- 2-year (Associates) or 4-year (Bachelors) degree in occupational & environmental safety management or related field is preferred
- One or more valid credentials from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals: CSP, ASP, STS, STSC, CHST
- 3 or more years of industry-related work experience in the State of Hawaii preferred
- 30 hour OSHA Certification
- First Aid/CPR Certified
- Valid Driver’s License, State of Hawaii preferred
- Ability to pass pre-employment physical exam and drug testing